Families wanting to enter in to a co-operative agreement to place their children in the care of Broken Arrow Youth Ranch, must complete and submit the Placement Application. Acceptance of applications are based upon review of these documents, a formal visit with the family, and availability of space. Accommodations for girls and boys are housed on different levels of our care home; and therefore is a factor in determining admission.
UPON RECEIVING A CHILD INTO OUR CARE:
1) Broken Arrow Youth Ranch (BAYR) assumes responsibility for their nutritional, medical, physical, social and educational needs; unless however, there is a pre-existing condition that necessitates special consideration.
2) All medical, educational and social records are to be disclosed so that each child can be properly assessed and cared for.
3) Children will be taught to pray, have daily devotionals and be taken to church; as we are a faith based organization.
4) Children will interact with ranch and farmyard animals including horses, cows, dogs, cats, goats, and ducks. Children will learn be an integral part in learning how to properly interact and care for these animals.
5) Visitation is strongly encouraged to ensure relationship ties remain strong. Each situation will be tailored to meet the needs of all involved. In some cases supervised visits will be a requirement until deemed unnecessary. BAYR believes that parents and/or guardians need to bear responsibility for costs related to their children’s care and stay at BAYR. Upon successful admission of children to the BAYR Program, parents and/or guardians will sign agreements regarding:
- participation and communication with the children placed
- completion of recovery/ treatment and or personal development programs
- financial responsibility
WOMENS TEEN CHALLENGE PROGRAM - BRANDON, MB
MARRIAGE ENCOUNTERS, CIRCLE DRIVE ALLIANCE - SASKATOON, SK
FOR MY LIFE On-line Program
CHOICES SEMINARS - CALGARY, AB
FREEDOM IN CHRIST MINISTRIES
YOUVILLE, RECOVERY RESIDENCE FOR WOMEN - CALGARY, AB
CELEBRATE RECOVERY A Christ Centered Recovery Program, For any Hurt, Hang-up or Habit
AL-ANON FAMILY GROUPS
ALCOHOLICS ANNONYMOUS CANADA
12-STEP RECOVER PROGRAMS
YOUTH ADMISSION APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) Complete Placement Application for each child
2)Placement Phone Call
3)Read and agree to Parent /Guardian Commitments
4) Face to Face meeting with BAYR Intake Staff
5s) Fulfill Parental Commitments Regarding: a.) Communication
Our mailing address is:
Broken Arrow Youth Ranch
PO Box 44
Wood Mountain, SK